Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday Nov 10- Eighth day in Dinan

Went into town this morning to the weekly market before settling into paint the rest of the day. After trying on different hats I settled on two to buy for myself. Finally, we see so many people out and walking the streets. For days ,Dinan seemed like a ghost town with many of the businesses closed. Cars everywhere, traffic slowed to a crawl on the main streets. Apparently Thursday being market day is very important for people to get out and walk around. Also, it's first day of blue sky and mild temperatures. Being an abstract painter I am used to painting big, so I need to modify my style to accommodate smaller sheets of watercolor paper. I'm hoping that I can transition from plein air of buildings and scenery and into a looser more abstract way. 

 This is a view of the backside of the easel I use to work in the studio , looking out onto the front yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment