Tuesday, November 15, 2016

14th day painting in Dinan

Rainy day here, spent most of day painting. I'm trying this new mixed media paint I picked up the art store in Rennes. It's by Pebeo and it's supposed to create metallic hammering and honeycomb effects on any foundation such as paper, metal, canvas etc. I'm not impressed by it, but I'll keep experimenting with it.   
Since we are living in the Port of Dinan I couldn't help but be inspired by all of the boats at dock on the river Rance. These are two watercolor paintings I did yesterday. I'm really having a fantastic time here and I'm so grateful to my husband for encouraging me to go on this trip.  
 
Marni's husband Ron arrives yesterday. He'll be staying with us until the end of our journey. He knows his history and geography inside out and has so many interesting stories to tell about France and wartime etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment